Hi, I'm Elizabeth.

I keep putting off "moving" to this blog page because I feel the need to write this deep introduction post of who I am, why I'm here and what my goals are.  Let's face it - that's not going to happen any time soon.  So Hi, I'm Elizabeth.  My husband and I have been married for 8 years this month and I have (as of 1/1/15) 4 beautiful kiddos with one on the way.  In March/April we will have 5 kids under the age of 5, 3 boys and 2 girls.  For a lot of people that puts us in that "weird big family" category although for some it's not too crazy for them.

I also am a house parent, although more accurately my entire family is a house family, for an organization called Harvest House.  We have teen to young adult ladies that live with us and do life with us.  So if you lost count, that is 6 in our blood family and then our "extras".  If I ever refer to my big kids, I'm generally referring to the girls who live here or girls who have lived with us in the past.

I am a Christian but let me also warn you I am so far from perfect or having it all together.  I also really struggle with the balance of transparency and privacy so feel free to call me out if you think I'm hiding things or oversharing :)  I prayed with my mom to become a Christian when I was 4 - and I meant it as much as a 4 year old could understand but it was really in college that my faith became real to me and put to the test.  I'll talk more about Jesus throughout the blog :)

My life is a grand parade of people and activity and friendship and fun.  I am an introvert so I get burnt out easily around people that I don't know really well but I love it and wouldn't change anything.  I try to stay out of "survival mode" with my kids because I want them to live and enjoy life and not be hampered down by mom who is overwhelmed so we keep things simple and easy so we can just be together and grow.  I also employ the "do the next thing" strategy when things are hard because lets face it, this training up kids, running a house and loving on people thing can be overwhelming.

I'm so thankful for where I am and who God has made me to be - and while it has taken me a long time to be able to say that, I'm thankful He hasn't given up on me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thankful Thursdays 2015 #6

Homeschool Update

Life & Waiting