Date Nights


Anyone who knows me well knows that I am busy on Wednesday nights.  Short of an emergency, I am unavailable.  Why?  Because it is date night.  I protect date night with the same fierceness I protect my children - because it is important.

Aaron and I were talking about date night recently and I was trying to think of why it is so important to me.  I mean, sure, it's adult conversation.  It is time with the man I love.  It is a time to think and focus and plan and dream together uninterrupted.  But I think the kicker for me is that it is time to be a wife.  Just a wife.  I have no mom duties on this night (other than leaving my cell phone on for emergencies).  I can focus on my man and his dreams.  I can be the helper I was created to be.  I can speak life to my husband.  I can HEAR him without distractions.  I get to be a wife and only a wife for a few hours and it is glorious.

We are headed out tonight and leaving all five kids in my parents' capable hands and I get to be "only" a wife for a few hours.  Bliss.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thankful Thursdays 2015 #6

Homeschool Update

Life & Waiting