Thankful Thursdays Top Ten #13

This has been quite the week - although I think I say that every week.  :)  Here is what I'm thankful for...

1. Last Friday we had well baby / well child appointments.  The doctor's office has a 2 people per family, per day policy.  I snuck in 4 kids...at the same time...on the same day.  Oops.  They might check their scheduling a little better next time around lol.  It went well.  Grace has great hearing and vision.  She and the twins apparently have allergies.  J gets to get retested for some allergies, oh the fun.

2. I've been thinking about big families and I think I've been coming across as belligerent in my thought process. I really don't want to pick fights and most of the time when people say inappropriate things I just smile and walk away.  Most of what I type out is what I think I want to say.  Now if I can just balance the two and honor Jesus we'll be all set.

3. I'm thankful for "you're super mom" comments.  Not because I deserve them but because this parenting thing IS hard work and hauling 5 kids anywhere is a lot.  And I love it.  And it makes me appreciate other moms and make sure I recognize their efforts more.

4. I'm thankful for my weight loss journey.  Seriously.  I have been trying to be aware of what I eat and do.  I'm in some challenges to keep me on my toes.  But I am HEALTHY and doing this the right way so it is a slow process but compared to me post any other baby, I'm doing great.  And I'm excited about that!  (And I'm about 6 pounds away from pre baby weight!)

5. I'm thankful for my husband.  We get to date tonight!  Woohoo!  He has been taking the kids out a lot for hikes or fishing and its fun to watch them bond even more (and that gives me some "down" time with just the boys!)

6. I am thankful for Miss Grace's dedication to learning.  She is doing a great job with her school work and I'm very proud of her!

7. I'm thankful for when my husband preaches.  He spends a lot of time reading, learning and thinking and I usually get the fruit of that labor first.  It's fun to have him bounce ideas off me and debate things with him.

8. I am thankful for two park dates this week, long walks and getting out in the sunshine.  It is so much easier to stay inside these days (except for the whining) so I am making an effort to get all the kids outside in the backyard, load them up for a walk (baby carrier, double stroller and girls walking) or go spend some time at the park (although this is usually pretty limited if I don't have another adult with me).  I'm getting a base tan already, getting some exercise and it wears the kids out.  Wins all around!

9. I am thankful for our cash budget system.  I am LOVING it.  Seems crazy but being completely aware of what I have spent and what I have left is awesome.  That being said, my allowance needs to go to some new jeans SOON.  I currently have two pairs that fit (regular ones, not maternity).  One has two bleach stains on it as of last week, no idea how.  The other pair now has a hole in the them in places that should not have holes.  Oye.

10. I am thankful for peace.  I swear, turning 30 was great for me.  I feel calm, happy and content with my life.  That isn't to say there aren't struggles or I'm not still working things out - but I feel like I am happy with where I'm at, what I'm doing and where I'm going.

What about you?  What are you thankful for today?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thankful Thursdays 2015 #6

Homeschool Update

Life & Waiting