Homeschool Update

We are almost done with our first quarter of school and I have to say, it is going really well!  I'm surprised by how much I'm enjoying doing the lessons and watching Grace grow!  I'd say the same thing about Abi but apparently Grace has replaced me as her teacher :)  Just kidding, I check in with them too and Abi is really working on all the letter names and sounds.  She'll be ready to learn to read next year I think!

Grace started off the year using AllInOneHomeschool.com with the Math Mammoth program instead of the one on the website.  Right now we are using "5 Minute Devotionals for Kids" instead of the Bible program and I also added some extra spelling, grammar and English practice worksheets.  Our History and Science is a "group" set up so we have been working through that to whatever level she is able to do.  For the most part she completes all the assignments.  I love my little nerd.  I have had a great time re-learning some of these facts that I forgot about!

I think the key for us has been to keep our pace calm.  We generally do full school days each day but if we have a lot going on or have bad attitudes we'll do a half day and finish the other half instead.  I am kind of a stickler about keeping the schedule together a least that much because I can't plan and replan 15 times.  (I mean, I could, I like planning but who has time for that!) 

Right now we are using a spiral notebook with her assignments written in.  It usually reads something like...

Day 41
 Math Pages 123, 124, 125
 English Worksheet
 Grammar, Spelling and Practice Worksheet
 Bible
 History
 Science
 Reading

We just get on the website for History and Science to figure out what assignments those are under the correct day.  Her English/Reading book is divided into days so again, she just has to find the right one and go for it.  All of her worksheets I print in advance and number so we just pull out all the ones with that day's number in the corner and go to town!

So far, so good.  I'm enjoying the time with her and I think she likes the extra attention and time with me even though it's still school and it's still "boring" sometimes! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thankful Thursdays 2015 #6

Homeschool Update

Life & Waiting