Preparing, Prepping, Panicking?

I am officially less than four weeks from my due date.  Isaac has given no indication he would like to come early so I'm going with six weeks still and an April birthday just so I don't get too anxious as the due date approaches.  They are just guesses anyway :) 

I have my hospital bag started and of course because I was working on mine the girls both packed overnight bags for themselves so that they'd be ready if they need to be when it was time.  We'll see.  I think I get more stressed about calling people in to help with the kiddos than I do going to have a baby :)  Ah well, since I don't know when he is coming, there is only so much prep work I can do.  Our pack and play is ready for him and the clothes are out and ready.  I do need to go buy diapers and formula and some of those basic supplies.  I'll get there one of these days :)  In the meantime I need to buy the twins and Abi diapers because yes, I'll have four in diapers at least until Abi potty trains at night.

Grace is working methodically through her new math book and doing some writing practice.  She is also reading every day but needs to be reading some harder books soon :)  I'm getting ready for next year's school work.  She will be officially doing first grade in everything except math, we are going to have her do second grade math instead.  There are a few sections that we will need to go back and review (money, time, fractions) but since we have all summer and she loves doing school work I don't think that'll be a problem for her to catch up and be ready before the next year officially starts.

Of course, being the nerd that I am I'm excited about getting organized and prepared for her new school year...even though we have 5 months before we start.  Although, with the baby I think in all cases the more preparation I have going in the better!

All in all, things are pretty calm around here.  Same things as usual with a large family and some 'extras' but nothing too crazy.  A lady at church saw me with all the kids (I had never met her) and said "you're obviously a pro, but would you like some help?"  - I thought that was very sweet.  I forgot my extra grocery store seat the other day at the store and ended up having Grace push the cart while I pushed the double stroller...NOT my preferred method for not causing a scene.  That was the first time I accepted help out to my car from the grocery store bagger.  I didn't think pushing all that was safe in the parking lot even though Grace was doing a fantastic job.

This has ended up very random, but that is my brain these days.  There is always a lot going on, but I wouldn't trade it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thankful Thursdays 2015 #6

Homeschool Update

Life & Waiting