Going Out or Staying In

Today I considered taking the girls to an art class nearby and then possibly running into Target (running being relative with all 4 kiddos) to buy baby a "coming home" outfit.  I figured he deserves something new for that.  Then I looked up and realized all the hairs that would need done, all the shoes and socks and coats that we would have to dig out and of course the inevitable loading and unloading and reloading and unloading and reloading and unloading of the car.  So we stayed home.

The boys colored for the first time.  Jacob couldn't decide if the crayons were better for drawing or drumming.  Levi just wanted to hold them all.  He made a few dots on the paper but wasn't super interested.  I think only two large bites of crayons were taken and maybe a few nibbles here and there.

Then we got out the play-dough and squished and smushed it for a bit.  I think no play-dough was eaten today :)  I don't love messes or the big production it takes for these things to happen but I'm generally glad we did it anyway.  The girls wanted in on the action so they came over to play too which makes it more fun and they're great helpers when it comes to clean up.

I am excited about this baby boy - and even his extra layer of crazy when it comes to leaving the house - but I am really enjoying where the kids are right now.  The girls are playing games at the table, the boys are playing toys "together".  It's just sweet to see them all happy.  And I think the boys will be close enough in age (hopefully) that when this little man gets bigger they will play together well.  At least that is the hope!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thankful Thursdays 2015 #6

Homeschool Update

Life & Waiting