To Jacob, on your 8th birthday!

 Jacob,

I am watching you throw airplanes right now and you are passionate about things being fair.  I think that will serve you well in the future as you look out for the people around you and all the people in your life.  You care if people get equal turns and opportunities...and equal numbers of waffles and hot chocolate packets.

You are such a creative problem solver.  You look at problems differently than I do so many times and I'm always impressed with what you come up with.  This is also going to continue to serve you well.  You will be so valuable to whatever job you decide to pursue because you'll come up with solutions that other people don't see.  

You are content with being you and while you like having friends, I have never seen you change who you are to please them.  You are strong and smart and determined.  You like to build things and you LOVE to dance and sing to K-Love with your little sisters.  I love hearing you sing and I love to watch you play with them and how sweet you can be with them.  You are also so creative in the games you make up for them.

You like to help me with dinner, you are great about doing your chores, and every day you learn more about who you are and the world around you.  I am delighted with you and so thankful that God put you in my life!  Jacob, I am so proud of you and I hope you know that every day for the rest of your life.

Momma

Birthday cake: Chocolate cake with chocolate frosting, you decorated it with jungle animals

Birthday Dinner: chicken tenders and macaroni and cheese

Favorite Toys: Your jungle animals or building toys

Favorite Thing to Play: Made up games with your brothers and sisters

Least Favorite Thing: Being told to calm down

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thankful Thursdays 2015 #6

Homeschool Update

Life & Waiting