To Grace, on your 12th Birthday!

 


Grace,

You are twelve!!  How did that happen?  It seems like just the other day that you were a teeny tiny and I'm not ready for you to be a teenager.  However, if you continue the way you're going I think you're going to be an amazing teen so I am not dreading it either.  This year we'll make sure you're prepared for the teen years!  

You have a lot of discernment for a 12 year old.  You are quick to let me know when things seem off - in a movie, in a book, out in the world.  You are learning where to draw the line on all the things and it is fun (and hard!) to watch you wrestle with all the comes at you.  I appreciate how quickly you bring things to my attention and how you stand up for what is right.

You are staring at me as I type this...I wonder if you know how proud of you I am.  I hope so.  One day when you read this perhaps you'll remember this moment.  You are a lovely young lady and I am so glad to be your mom.  

You are quick to help with your brothers and sisters, although sometimes you try too hard to mom them.  Don't grow up too quick ok?  It is fun when you decide to play with the kiddos out at events but my favorite is watching you move between the "kid" world and the "adult" world.  You can laugh and play with the best of them, but you hold your own in conversations too and are not usually shy around adults.   

I am proud of you.   I am proud of your maturity, your modesty, your sense of humor, your helpfulness, your generosity, your compassion, your initiative, your hard work.  I am excited to see how all of those traits will serve you well as you continue to grow!

I love you darling, keep growing well!

Mom

Birthday cake: Chocolate cake with chocolate frosting, you decorated it with blue and sprinkles


Birthday Dinner: chicken tenders and fries (a girl after my own heart)

Favorite Toys: Nintendo

Favorite Thing to Play: Rummy with Abi, mom and dad!

Least Favorite Thing: Not being the boss ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thankful Thursdays 2015 #6

Homeschool Update

Life & Waiting