Two Week Update


It is hard to believe that two weeks have gone by since Faith was born.  The days have run together a bit in a flurry of great food brought by friends, naps and baby cuddles.  I'm not complaining. 

She had her first checkup on Friday and did great.  She is not quite at birth weight which is unusual for my babies but she is eating great and looking good so there is no concern.  She is sleeping well most nights although I would guess she has days and nights backwards because she sleeps ALL day and is awake more at night.  Part of it might be because she has the warmth of someone holding her while she sleeps most of the day and is by herself in her bed at night.  We'll get her straightened out.

I am healing well as far as I can tell.  The pain is down significantly and emotionally I'm feeling good.  I have my crazy hormone moments, I won't lie, but overall I would say I'm feeling pretty even.  I am still wearing the abdominal binder but mostly as protection from my children more than because I feel like I need it - although it also helps to make sure nothing is rubbing on the incision site so I am guessing I will probably keep it on during the day until that is really healed up.

Overall, the baby is delightful and life is slowly settling into our new normal.  We are going to start school up again next week and work on a routine.  I am learning that I need to relax a bit and just take things a little at a time.  My weekly checklists have turned into daily ones because it feels less stressful (meaning what has to get done TODAY vs the big picture).  I'm thankful for everyone who is helping and allowing me to take things slowly. And very thankful to be blessed with seven amazing kids.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thankful Thursdays 2015 #6

Homeschool Update

Life & Waiting