To Jacob, on your 4th birthday


Jacob -

You are one serious little man.  You seem to think deeply and thoroughly about things.  And like it or not, we know your opinions!  I think you are starting to realize that you are bigger than your brothers which seems to be fun for you.  But even though you can push them around you don't too much outside of play.  You love when the girls pull you aside for a special activity - coloring, building a fort, working on a project.

You built a lego house this morning that was AWESOME.  You are getting to big and so good at doing some of those things on your own without help.  You were the one who told me you could get yourself dressed now and didn't need my help (most days).  You are also super sweet and give me about 20 kisses and at least two hugs before I leave you at school or if I leave the house.

You still warm up to people slowly and don't like to be told you "have" to give hugs...or talk to anyone for that matter.  But people you know and love make you happy.  You still like to cuddle up with mom when we watch a show or come be my helper in the kitchen.  It delights me to watch you learn and take in new things. 

You love to go on adventures with Daddy although your initial response to hiking is generally not enthusiastic.  

I'm so thankful for you little man.  You are joy and love and I am so glad you're mine!

Love you,

Mommy

For your birthday dinner we had:
Pork, orzo and zuchinni....then on your actual birthday we had chicken tenders with mac & cheese

For your birthday cake you had:
A square cake - chocolate with chocolate frosting.  Your dad made fun of me for making a square until he realized that was the "shape" you asked for!

Your favorite toys are:
Legos (today anyway), superhero capes, cars and little action figures

You don't like:
Being told to talk to people.  Hiking off the trail.  Not getting what you want.  Being told no or to wait.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thankful Thursdays 2015 #6

Homeschool Update

Life & Waiting