Heading Into the New Year: Goals for 2016


I used to make resolutions - but now I just set goals.  It works better for my life.  I also try to keep them minimal.  It's become popular the last few years to pick a word for the year, so I did that too.  Here goes...

My Word:  BOLD (Brave, Fearless, Confident)
I feel like this is one of those God things where in conversations with Him I have clearly heard that I am too timid in many cases.  I am confident of the ministry and calling on my life and I don't have to apologize for that.  So I will bodly do the work He has given me to do and not live in fear of what ifs or what could have beens.

Goals...

To read a minimum of one book a month.  I have a few picked out - Beth Moore's new book, Jen Hatmaker's For the Love and a few others.  I need recommendations for the others.  But I want to read books that will challenge how I think, how I act or how I feel.  Easy readers and fiction are good too, but my goal is for 12 books that will specifically challenge me in my walk with God.

No "down time" on my quiet times.  I tend to get in ruts and then get out.  My goal is to continue to regularly meet with Jesus in the mornings (or whenever I can) and make the effort to carve out that time.

Send 52 letters.  My goal is to send 52 letters, notes, words of encouragement.  One per week.  We'll see how it goes!  I definitely have some stationary to use up!

And finally to continue to make healthy eating choices.  I'm 10lbs from my current goal weight and excited to meet that goal - and then from there see what makes sense.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thankful Thursdays 2015 #6

Homeschool Update

Life & Waiting