Thankful Thursdays Top Ten #14


This has been a hard week.  And it is Tuesday.  For example - today I was thrown up on by little man...while I was on the phone so I couldn't do too much about it quickly.  Then one of the boys who shall remain nameless decided throwing poop was fun.  Compared to some horror stories friends have shared, we got off easy with clean up!  I've had to make some tough decisions, hunt down parts for various broken machines, try to get a repairman over here, and fill out paperwork while holding a sad toddler.

End of the day, if that's the worse that happens today it's still a pretty good day.  Here is what I'm thankful for...

1. Perspective.  In my old age I've gotten better at saying "this is not worth getting worked up about".  I don't do it perfectly but it is nice to sometimes be able to take a step back.

2. Workouts!  I got up early this morning and did a workout video in my office.  HIIT - for beginners.  I am not entirely sure I even have abs.  Just saying.

3. So Aaron got a new scale that said I was 9lbs heavier than the other scale.  This of course did not make me happy.  But I am down 1.5lbs on the new scale (and have come to grips with the fact that it is what it is) so I'm pumped about progress!  :)

4. I am thankful for homeschool.  Ok, seriously right now I'm thankful for notebooks where I can gather all my thoughts.  I'm excited to revisit what worked well in previous years and get resources started for next year.  I'm trying to keep my shopping list under control :)

5. I am thankful for my husband who has not declared me insane with all the random chatter lately about what I want to do.

6. I am thankful for contact paper in the bottom of the pantry.  I was able to reline some drawers yesterday with paper that I had seen down there when we moved in.  They look a lot better and it was nice to not buy supplies!

7. I am thankful for a cash budget.  It has been really cool to be able to carefully monitor spending and expenses.

8. I am thankful that my husband is always on my team.

9. This week, I'm super thankful for nap time.

10.  I'm thankful for time visiting with friends, notes of encouragement and all the random "you are loved" messages that I get.  It is nice to be reminded that my people are always there for me.  (It's also been fun sending random "Thinking of you today.  High five the next person you see." texts to random friends to brighten their days :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thankful Thursdays 2015 #6

Homeschool Update

Life & Waiting