To Jacob, on your 9th birthday

 

Jacob,

You are a joy.  You have so much energy...you have these big ideas that are sometimes brilliant and sometimes completely wacky.  I never know what is going to come out of your mouth and you keep me on my toes.  You are very concerned with things being fair and equal and you are learning that is not how life always is.  You are often very literal in your thinking which leads to some pretty interesting conclusions.

 You are a great problem solver and you often think through things differently than how I might.  I am learning so much from you as I see you interact with the world.  You are constant motion and are often moving, tapping, or talking.  

You have a crazy ability to remember song lyrics and the titles and artists.  I am pretty sure you have K-Love's playlist memorized!  You retain information well and when you put your mind to it, you do a great job at your school work.  I think you really enjoy having the freedom to do your math online and not have to wait for me.  I think it makes it fun for you and makes you feel grown.

You are also so strong and such a protector.  You are often standing up for your little sisters or protecting them and I appreciate that so much about you!  

I can't wait to see who you continue to become.  I know I have a lot to learn from you and I can't wait!

Love you,

Mom

Birthday cake: Chocolate cake decorated with chocolate frosting as a gorilla

Birthday Dinner: Spaghetti and meatballs

Favorite Toys: Nintendo and Legos

Favorite Thing to Play: Probably Legos but you like to do a lot of different things

Least Favorite Thing: When something is not fair

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thankful Thursdays 2015 #6

Homeschool Update

Life & Waiting