To Grace, on your 11th birthday!



 

Grace,

 You are a delight.  You are so fun to spend time with.  I have enjoyed watching you mature in your thinking and acting and have loved to see that our relationship is beginning some of the "come alongside each other" things that I think will have long time benefits.  (That being said, I'm still the mom and you're still the kid!)  

You are a huge help with your brothers and sisters and like to be in charge.  You are excited about the day you can babysit, stay home alone and DRIVE!  You have offered many times to pay if I'll go pick up lunch for everyone :)  You still take care of the rabbits every day and do such a good job being responsible for them.  Pretty soon we'll be able to hand over the whole operation!

 You are at an awkward age where sometimes you want to be a grown up and other times you want to play like a kid.  Watching you navigate that, choose between the two, and balance your time has been interesting to watch.  I'm not ready for you to be done playing yet, so go play young one!

I'm proud of you.  A million times over I'm proud of you.  I know you will do great things and I will be right there, cheering you on.

 Love always,  

Momma

Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
 Birthday cake: Chocolate chip cheese cake!

Birthday Dinner:  Ginger Sesame Beef (one of my favorites too!)

Favorite Toys: You very much like writing and reading these days.  I cannot keep you in good books.  You also like playing made up games with your brothers and sisters.

Favorite Thing to Play: Not rummy :)  You like game night with mom, dad and Abi though and we usually play Rummy

Least Favorite Thing: Dirty diapers, bad words, and navigating the grown up world

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thankful Thursdays 2015 #6

Homeschool Update

Life & Waiting