Thankful Thursdays Top 10 - #3


This summer feels like it has been hard.  We have dealt with a lot of sickness, especially with Faith.  There seems to be quite a it of turmoil around and it is just taking it's toll on our family but I am feeling it especially and struggling a bit to keep my happy face on.  The reality is that most of my discontentment comes from selfishness and that is usually stemming from a lack of thankfulness.  So here I sit, when I have a pile of things to work through, writing out reasons why I am thankful in the midst of the unrest in my soul.

1. I am thankful that although Faith has been sick frequently, I am learning slowly how to trust the Lord with her health.  I am also learning how to communicate well with Aaron, and him with me, during the emotional times when we have to make decisions about treatment.

2. I am thankful for summer study with Dayton Women in the Word.  This takes the focus of my quiet time during the summer, keeps me on a schedule, and gives structure to the Word for me.  I have loved the past three years in the Old Testament and am enjoying the New Testament (Mark) as well.

3. Let's go less deep - I love s'mores frappachinos and I am so glad they are back this year.

4. I am thankful for a friend who posted a project about enjoying our kids.  I enjoy their happy faces, their hugs, their smiles...but I need to remember they are package deal little humans who have bad days too...and that is just fine.  I am learning to invite that it, talk about emotions but not allow their emotions to change me.  It's interesting.

5. I am thankful for my God who doesn't give up.  I feel like God has given me big dreams and hopes and while I kick at them for awhile I am learning that He will walk me through them. 

6. Running.  I have been quitting roughly three 5ks a week and it has been good for my body and mind.  I need to keep going and remember that the payoff is worth it!

7. Dieting.  Ok, sometimes it makes me angry but I am thankful to be down almost 20lbs and to be feeling healthier.  I still don't think it is noticeable but I can tell clothes fit me differently!

8. I am thankful for friends.  I am blessed with close friends who walk with me in my daily life.  I am thankful for 'easy' friends who are just real with each other.  I'm thankful for relationships that don't fall apart due to busy schedules  and never ever enough time.

9. I am thankful for a new homeschool tracking system that will help me to keep track of the FIVE kids I'll be schooling next year.  I'll have Pre-K to 5th grade!

10. Speaking of, I am so, so thankful that in just six weeks, I don't have to send my kids back to school! 

I'm thankful.  I really am.  My perspective is a bit off lately.  My mood is a bit off lately.  But I am thankful for the things God has put in my life and I pray that I can keep my eyes focused on those good gifts from Him!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thankful Thursdays 2015 #6

Homeschool Update

Life & Waiting