Thankful Thursdays Top Ten #2

What a week!  I spent the weekend at IF: Gathering here in Dayton.  It was awesome but it was a lot of information and a lot of people.  I crashed hard Tuesday night.  Like, went to bed at 8pm crashed hard.  It was lovely though and my mind and body thank me for it.

Without further ado, I'm thankful for...

1. Rest.  And recognizing how my introverted self functions.  If I spend a weekend with a room full of women, tons of speakers, and lots of small talk, I'm going to need a nap.  So I crashed and crashed hard and it was just fine.  I'm thankful for recognizing the need and the permission to do it.

2. Chocolate croissants.  Not life changing, but oh my goodness are they yummy.  They fill that light but delicious need that sometimes just needs to be met.  (I'm generally a give me all the heavy baked goods, but this was a lovely change of pace).

3. Honesty. There are a couple Instagram accounts I've been following lately that have been very "life is messy but lets not camp there" and I'm so grateful for reality plus the kick in the butt. 

4. Notebooks.  As much as I want to keep my notes and to do lists in my phone for convenience sake, it just doesn't work for me.  I need to see things written on paper and scratched off.  I need to see accomplishment, not line items that magically disappear when I mark them complete.  (I do keep a calendar online because it is shared with Hubs and lets us make sure we are on the same page!)

5. Bible study.  Aaron and I are getting ready to teach 21 Days to Inner Healing by Jimmy Evans and then I am so pumped for Dayton Women in the Word's Summer Study of Mark.  Can't wait.  It is 8 weeks, intense, and I love it!

6. Homeschooling.  Which is funny because my kids have been a great mix of lovely and crazy.  They are so loud!  But I love getting to talk to the girls about deeper things.  I love getting to rework curriculum and where we are headed when things aren't clicking.  I love getting to calm them down and help them realize numbers are our friends and shouldn't make us cry.

7. Bluetooth Ear Bud.  It seriously makes me feel like such a dork but I love being able to pop it in my ear and talk while I'm driving.  I also like being able to listen to a podcast while I make dinner without all the background noise.  It's lovely and helps me to actually hear what I'm listening to.

8. My Black Boots. (May they rest in peace).  At the beginning of winter I told my mom I needed new short black boots.  She gave me the best pair ever.  Slight heel, zipper, just the right height.  They died and I didn't realize how awesome they made me feel when I wear them.  I say that rarely about any clothes but I felt like I could take on the world in these.  Ah well, I'm sure I can find something similar.

9. Friends.  I love that I have people.  I was reminded of that this weekend in a room full of women, with ones who barely knew me and ones who have been on the receiving end of sobbing (hormonal) phone calls.  Its lovely and I love them.

10.  God. I love how He never fails to meet me.  I am such a mess but He is perfect and unchanging and I am so stinking excited about that! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thankful Thursdays 2015 #6

Homeschool Update

Life & Waiting