Thankful Thursdays Top Ten #1


This is something I used to do a long time ago - long enough ago that I didn't feel like searching to find out what number I'd stopped on.  So, here we are...10 things I am thankful for this Thursday.

1.  A fun night out with Dayton Women In The Word.  We celebrated two years of the podcast by eating a lot of sugar, being encouraged by other women, and having time out of the house with no kids!

2. Faith getting back to "normal" sleep patterns.  She was not sleeping well last week but if the past couple nights are any indication we are over that hump.  It wasn't fun.  Although remembering to pray instead of complain and to appreciate her instead of resent the lack of sleep was a great check on my humility.

3. I am feeling mostly back to normal after the c-section.  I didn't want one, I wasn't thrilled about. I found that God gave me a period of relying on other people and forced rest.  It was lovely and I feel like I've come out of it (with a newborn) rather refreshed.  I am thankful for His provision, even when it isn't what I thought I wanted.

4. I have a sweater I love - it isn't really a sweater, I don't do sweaters because I get too hot.  This is more like an open front knit wrap.  Anyway, I have had it for years and wear it basically every day during the winter.  It is falling apart.  So I found two new "sweaters" to replace it at Meijer of all places.  For $30 I bought two new shirts that I LOVE and am so grateful.  I also found a new pair of sandals to replace the ones that fell apart.  I hate shopping so this is a big deal for me.

5. The end of birthday season.  Eight of the nine of us have birthdays within 10 weeks of each other (66 days to be exact).  It is a lot of presents, people-ing, cake and planning.  I love it, but I'm always glad for the really teeny tiny short break before I have to think about Christmas :)

6. Podcasts, Instagrams and Websites that inspire me.  I am thankful for This Gathered Nest, FunCheaporFree, and A Farmhouse Full among others.  I get to see large family mommas keeping it real and doing a great job at it.  I have to remind myself that I am seeing only their highlight reel and not the times they loose their minds but it is inspiring!

7. Health.  We have had a few people in the family with some health things pop up.  I'm thankful they were minor and resolved quickly.

8. I am thankful for work.  I am so thankful to have a job where I can work from home and my hours are not set in stone.  I can squeeze in work here and there and make it all happen.  Plus, I find what I do really interesting most of the time and like to learn and hone my craft.  (Ok, I list things on eBay which doesn't sound complicated but I get random things sometimes that require quite a bit of research.  There are also lots of ways to do it better and I am always learning.)

9.  This laptop was a gift from my father and I LOVE being able to sit in the living room, baby kicking on the floor next to me, kiddos playing and I'm able to type this up.  Everyone has easy access to me since I'm not in my office and I get to be available to them!  I also generally hate laptops - the mouse part, the keyboard, all of it, but this one just seems easier to use.  It is probably in my head but I like it.

10.  I am thankful for generally feeling more put together these days.  We are back in a mostly normal home routine (still working out some kinks).  I have been reading my Bible again mostly every day.  I feel like we are getting new routines in place to take care of some new things that pop up but I like where we are at. 

Be thankful!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thankful Thursdays 2015 #6

Homeschool Update

Life & Waiting