My Life Right Now

Woman at Starbucks: Is this your first baby?
Me: No, it's my 6th.
Woman: *literally takes a step back* WOAH! You do NOT look like you've already had five babies! Congratulations!
Me: We can be friends.



I currently have five kiddos walking around with me in my day to day life.  Their ages are 6, 4, 2, 2, and 1. I am also seven months pregnant with my next little one.  All of this brings about quite a bit of attention and both pleasant and unpleasant comments.  The above is an example of a pleasant comment and since I'm in a good mood and don't feel like ranting we will just leave the unpleasant ones for another day. 

My life right now is pretty awesome.  Four of the kids are coming up on birthdays.  That is always a fun season.  In the smaller ones it is also a time of frustrating growth of wants and desires without the physical or verbal skills to go with it.  They catch up but it can create a few weeks or months of chaos.  Worth it though.  They are all generally happy and sweet with each other but they do have their moments where they just need to be alone.

We finished up first grade and preschool a couple weeks ago and "started" second grade and kindergarten literally a couple days later.  They get bored.  So far we've done about three school days each because it is summer time and I'm not rushing it.  I don't care if they do a full day all in one day or if it takes them three days to finish it.  I also don't care if playing in the park is more important and we don't open a school book at all.  It is just that season and I'm ok with it.  We "started" a little early just so that when the baby comes and we are forced to take a bit more of a break we won't be completely behind.  Currently Abi is learning how to read (day 3 of 100 days) and Grace is "teaching" her a math lesson because it makes her feel important and it's fun to watch.

The twins again are a nice mix of sweet fun and pushing their limits.  I have to remind myself that they are surrounded by big people doing big things and don't want to be left out even when their abilities don't quite match.  I try to be accommodating...it doesn't always work.  Sometimes they are just too small and it is frustrating for them and it's sad.  Ah well.  They are physically getting so big and it is fun to watch their brains string together more words and better think out what they are doing (which also makes them more mischievous, but even in that I see so much potential for who they will become.)

Isaac gets his own little category because he isn't quite big enough to fit into the twin's group.  He is walking like a champ, getting into everything and constantly using his puppy dog eyes to get the twins to let him out of the living room.  Then they come yelling to me "Brother out! brother out!".  He is a cutie pie though and everyone loves him.  He is generally happy and so laid back.  Makes my life easy.

I am huge.  Did I mention that?  This baby officially has seven more weeks to cook so probably 8-9 before we meet him.  I feel good although I am starting to get out of breath and see the slow down a little bit.  Not my favorite time but I know that my body is preparing and busy doing good work so I'm not complaining.  I cannot wait to meet this little guy!

And that is my life for right now....

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Thankful Thursdays 2015 #6

Homeschool Update

Timothy's Birth Story