To Grace, on your 13th Birthday!

 


Grace,

 Happy teenage years!  Hopefully they are happy - I pray regularly that your teen years would be filled with joy and that you would blossom during these years.  I remember teenage years being a rough time and I am so glad that you and I have a solid relationship with you so I can help you through it. 

I have things to say, but since this is technically a public post, I won't go too deep, but I am thankful that you are learning about relationships gently.  You are learning about friendships, trust, and how to navigate all these things well.  I am so proud of your maturity and how you've walked through this stuff so far.

One of my favorite memories with you this past year was going to Skyview Ranch on winter retreat.  I got to watch you ride a horse (that tried to roll over on you!), make new friends, be brave, try new things, and be grown up.  We talked about how I wasn't there to hang out with you, just to keep an eye on things since I didn't know these people well and that you didn't have to worry about me.  But that first night at dinner, I will never forget when you said, "Hey mom, here's a seat for you!"  It meant so much to me.

I can't wait to see who you grow up to be.  I pray you give God more and more control in your life and that you really desire a relationship with Him.  I pray that you and I continue to have great communication about the things going on in your world.  And I pray God blesses you with friends who will point you to Him and enrich your life.

I love you and I am so proud of you.  You are a joy and a delight!  May this always be the year that you remember Dad brought home the golden retriever you have been wanting for so long! :)

Love always,
Mom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thankful Thursdays 2015 #6

Homeschool Update

Life & Waiting